Thursday, March 5, 2009

World’s Finest Almond Chocolate Bar

My mom, after a day of watching my sister’s softball games, came home with a handful of World’s Finest Chocolate Bars. She explained that a sweet little sixth-grader was selling them as part of a fundraiser to raise money for science camp. I personally had a personally personal experience with science camp in fifth grade, and personally hated it. Good ol’ Camp Campbell. I advise this sweet little sixth grader, wherever you are, if ever you read this, to stay in the comfort of your own home. Don’t venture out into all that danged nature without even your loving parents to nurture you. Don’t do it. Don’t.
Anyway, the chocolate bar. It’s a weird shape, long and narrow. It’s only about an inch wide, and about five inches long. It splits into four rectangular sections. The two end pieces are stamped with the World’s Finest logo, a simple crown with “WF” written underneath it. The second square reads “World’s” and the third square, “Finest.” Could this really be the world’s finest chocolate bar? Could it? I had pretty high hopes for this bar, and I’m sorry to say I was disappointed.
It is milk chocolate with little chunks of almond in it, barely enough to give it texture. The almond pieces, when they turn up, are nice and toasty-tasting, but if you eat them all together with the chocolaty part of the bar, the super-sweetness of the chocolate overpowers the nutty flavor. The chocolate has a very smooth bite and is quite creamy. It’s an excellent texture, but a poor flavor. It’s very milky and waxy-tasting. The entire thing is much too sweet, and at times it feels as if you’re about to burn your throat with all the sugar. The nuts are neutralized by the chocolate and reduced to bits of tasteless crunch.
I didn’t finish the bar, but I did eat one the four sections. I gave the rest to my dad, who gobbled down a piece and stored the rest in the cupboard to be eaten probably by my sister. They have no class when it comes to chocolate. *sniff*
So, the chocolate was pretty terrible, but gee, I sure hope that girl has fun at science camp.
2 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you tried this candy? Do you want to try it? Do you agree with me? Disagree? Let me know!